Papers must be prepared at the highest level of quality for inclusion in the conference proceedings. All papers must be: written in standard English and prepared in compliance with the paper formatting template. The following details on these factors should be carefully considered in preparation of papers.
Papers must be prepared using an IEEE formatting template for papers.
Download the updated BCI 2020 formatting template: (MS Word) |
IEEE Electronic Copyright Form Tool (access on the submission site)
FAQ on Electronic IEEE Copyright Form (eCF)
All authors should revisit the Microsoft Word template to ensure that important paper preparation instructions and conventions are followed.
Page Limit: The maximum page limit is 6 inclusive of figures and tables. Please note that each full or student registration includes publication of one paper (up to 6 pages in length) in the proceedings. A maximum of 2 additional pages are allowed to extra fee.
Each full or student registration fee entitles publication and presentation of only one paper. Each additional paper incurs an additional fee (be advised that submission of more than 2 papers as the first author is not allowed).
Additional paper or page fees should be paid together with the registration.
Language: The official language for the conference is English. Less than satisfactory English usage may form the sole basis for rejection of a paper and omission of any such final paper version from the conference proceedings. Authors whose native language is not English are encouraged to check their papers for proper English spelling and grammar using tools such as English grammar checkers available with most word processing application software.
Review: The review process of BCI 2020 is double-blind. Please DO NOT MENTION YOUR NAME ON THE SUBMITTED PDF. Non-anonymous PDF submissions will be returned for correction.
Important Dates and Deadlines|
Paper submission deadline: November 20, 2019(extended!)
Acceptance notification: December 15, 2019
Camera-ready manuscripts deadline: January 15, 2020
Conventional Poster size is A0 (width x height:841mm x 1189mm). Once accepted, you have a chance to make a short spotlight presentation of your work in front of colleagues. For more information, you will find it via email and the Announcement page.
The notification of acceptance will be made by December 15, 2019.
Before submission of the camera-ready paper to the Confdriver, please check IEEE PDF eXpress.
Using PDF Xpress
IEEE offers PDF eXpress as a free service to IEEE conference authors, allowing you to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function). IEEE PDF eXpress will be available to BCI2020 authors on November 15 until January 22, 2020.
The services is optional to all authors but it will give you a convenient system to convert your paper into IEEE Xplore compatible without any errors occurred before submission of your final camera-ready paper
Steps for creating your Xplore compliant PDF file:
- Create your manuscript
- Proofread and check layout of manuscript. (It is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to PDF eXpress.)
- Create PDF eXpress account
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to attain Xplore-compatible PDFs. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints and access to technical support.
- IMPORTANT: After finishing with the PDF eXpress web site, return to the website below to submit your final, Xplore-compatible PDF(s) on the BCI2020 Submission site at https://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/bci2020
Before Creating a PDF:
• Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document. If necessary, contact the BCI2020 Secretariat at email@example.com for the appropriate copyright notice. Your questions will be answered within 3 business days.
• Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account:
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress TM site
1) First-time users should do the following:
1. Select the New Users - Click the link.
Enter the following:
• 48061X for the Conference ID
• your email address
• a password
3. Continue to enter information as prompted. An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
2) Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support: technical support via email is available if you experience trouble in creating your pdf: PDFSupport@ieee.org OR
- Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.