Final camera-ready paper submission steps
1) Preparing your PDF file
You can use the IEEE templates (MS Word or LaTeX) to create your source document.
Please note that you must add the IEEE copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document and find the following information.
[IEEE Copyright Notice]
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding. The copyright notice should appear about 1 cm below the left column, and should be aligned to the left with the same left margin as the column. Detailed instructions can be found at: /publications/rights/index.html
The copyright notice to be added depends on the circumstances as follows:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is:
U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
978-1-7281-4707-9/20/$31.00 ©2020 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
978-1-72814707-9/20/$31.00 ©2020 European Union
- For all other papers, the copyright notice is:
978-1-7281-4707-9/20/$31.00 ©2020 IEEE
You may want to first prepare your pdf, and then add the IEEE copyright notice separately using a pdf editing program. You can then re-print the document in pdf format and then validate it using IEEE PDF eXpress.
2)Using PDF Xpress
IEEE offers PDF eXpress as a free service to IEEE conference authors, allowing you to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function). IEEE PDF eXpress will be available to BCI2020 authors on November 15 until January 22, 2020. The services is optional to all authors but it will give you a convenient system to convert your paper into IEEE Xplore compatible without any errors occurred before submission of your final camera-ready paper
Steps for creating your Xplore compliant PDF file:
- Create your manuscript
- Proofread, check layout of manuscript and ADD the IEEE Copyright notice at the bottom of the first page.
- Create PDF eXpress account
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to attain Xplore-compatible PDFs. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints and access to technical support.
- IMPORTANT: After finishing with the PDF eXpress web site, return to the website below to submit your final, Xplore-compatible PDF(s) on the BCI2020 Submission site at https://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/bci2020
Before Creating a PDF:
• Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document. If necessary, contact the BCI2020 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate copyright notice. Your questions will be answered within 3 business days.
• Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account:
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress TM site
1) First-time users should do the following:
1. Select the New Users - Click the link.
2. Enter the following:
• 48061X for the Conference ID
• your email address
• a password
3. Continue to enter information as prompted. An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
2) Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support: technical support via email is available if you experience trouble in creating your pdf: PDFSupport@ieee.org OR
- Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
3) Upload your paper to Confdriver
4) Submit the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form
Please follow the steps below.
- After login, select "author options".
- In front of your accepted paper, click on the "Copyright" link.
- Then you will see the electronic copyright form. In case the paper title and author information are not correct, please go to author options and update your paper information first.
- After clicking on "Submit Copyright Form" in the copyright form, you will be redirected to IEEE Electronic Copyright page.
- Please follow the instructions and finalize the copyright submission.
Important notice: if you do not submit an electronic copyright, your paper will not be published in the proceedings or on IEEE Xplore.